Bok Choy & Squash
The Chef Emily returns from her long hiatus of recipes on this site with one of her own creation! That is a, qoute: "frickin amazing dinner". Try it out!
- 1 bok choy per person
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 TBS tahini
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 TBS grated ginger
- salt + pepper, tt
- spices for roasting squash seeds (I like cinnamon, cumin, curry powder, and garlic salt)
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds; set seeds aside. Peel and cube the rest of the squash (approx. 1 sq. inch cubes)
- Steam squash cubes for 6 minutes (1-2 cups per person).
- Meanwhile, clean off seeds (no need to wash them, just remove some of the larger chunks of squash flesh). Toss seeds with some olive oil and spices of your choice (I did cinnamon, cumin, curry powder, and garlic salt). Put in 350 degree oven to roast for around 10 minutes.
- Set the steamed squash aside in a bowl. Cut the bok choy in half and steam for approx. 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. Whisk together tahini through salt + pepper. Toss with squash.
- Spoon squash into a shallow salad bowl. Place bok choy halves on the edge of the bowl and sprinkle seeds over everything. Guten apetit!