Honey glazed French Bread
This is a really simple recipe for french bread, that always comes out delicious. I originally found it here and then adopted it to my own use (adding the honey and varying the amounts). And now I'm sharing it with you! So you can impress all your friends and eat and be merry.
Check out the original recipe page, it's got way more pictures so you might find it good as a starting point then using this when you just want to refresh your mind on the recipe.
- 1.25 cups warm water
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon active yeast
- 1.5 Tablespoon Oil
- Honey (To taste)
- Warm and wet towel
- Put a bowl of water (not your 1.25 cups warm water) in the microwave and turn it on
- Add yeast and sugar to warm water, let sit until the yeast is bubbly (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in the salt, oil, and flour
- Knead the dough until it's smooth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cover the dough with your warm and wet towel, remove bowl from microwave and replace with covered bowl for 15 minutes
- Grease a pan and roll out the bread onto it, slashing the top and glazing with Honey
- Let it bake for 30-35 minutes and then enjoy it!