Not your average Nachos
Low effort party food that impresses your friends? Make these nachos!
Servings: Enough for a bunch of people at a party to enjoy
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Slices of bacon
- 1 Sweet Onion
- Salsa, sour cream
- A bag of shredded cheese
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and with medium heat, fry the bacon
- While the bacon is frying, slice and chop the vegetables. Since you're making layers, slice each vegetable in half and put that aside for each new layer
- In a large glass dish, place a layer of tortilla chips down. Crushing them a little bit so they lay flat
- Spread cheese, pepper, onion over the chips
- Once the bacon is fried, Scatter it over the first layer
- Brown the beef in the bacon juices
- Spread another layer of tortilla chips and cheese until you cannot see the first layer
- Spread the browned beef over the second layer and add the other half of your peppers and onions
- Place one more layer of semi-crushed chips and cheese on top
- Preheat the oven to 325, once heated, bake the chips for a half hour
- Take the dish out of the oven and spread Salsa over the top and add one more layer of cheese.
- At this point, if you're traveling you can take it with you and heat up the nachos at your destination. If you're the host, simple put the nachos back into the oven until the top layer of cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream!