Potato Carrot Soup
Today I decided to try to make soup for the first time ever. All soup really is is water (or meat stock) and vegetables. So I figure'd it couldn't be too difficult to make. And I was right, this is a tasty, simple, and healthy soup.
- A bundle of carrots
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- Spices (Pepper, Dill, Salt)
- Dice up the onion and garlic cloves into small pieces
- Saute the onions and garlic in a pan with some butter or fat
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and the carrots into small rounds
- Place the vegetables into a pot and fill it with water just enough to cover the vegetables.
- Allow to simmer for an hour or until the potatoes are soft
- Mash the vegetables and add a bit of milk to the mixture, just enough to lighten the color
- Let it heat for a few more minutes then serve hot to any sick people in your home!