These are super easy, and quick to make. They're good for all kinds of things! From making empanada, to wrapping up tacos or salsa, try it out!
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoons lard or butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- add in lard/butter until flour resembles cornmeal (add more than 3/4 teaspoons if neccesary)
- Add water and mix until dough comes together
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces and roll into balls (this recipe makes 3-4)
- Preheat a frying pan over medium high heat
- Use a floured rolling pin (or bottle if you don't have a pin) and roll out the balls until flat
- Place one at a time into hot pan and cook until golden on each side, flipping as neccesary.
- Serve with salsa or put meat/taco stuff on 'em!